First, a little snippet from Spring Awakening* (a musical I adore):
Ok, onto to post.
I think it’s pretty clear that I’m in a funk. My most recent posts allude to that, for sure. So I need to change things up around here. Isn’t the definition of insanity repeating the same actions and expecting a different result?
I choose not to be insane. At least for April.
So, what does that mean? TIME FOR SAY IT DO IT (my favorite time)! SIDI keeps me totally accountable. Really. You should try it. I have a much more detailed version to plan and accomplish my weekly workouts and, when I write it down the Sunday before each week, I totally accomplish what I say I’m going to. It’s awesome.
- Run three times a week (one long, two short).
- Workout for a total of five times a week.
- Lose five pounds.
- Crush the Nike Women’s Half. (or at least, survive?)
- Enjoy, embrace and GET AFTER my last month of half-marathon training… until July.
- Respond to phone calls in a timely manner.
- Paint my nails! Pretty colors!
- Work on a budget – a realistic one. (Not my $40/week budget I pretended to do before… FAIL.)
- Get a minimum of 7 hours sleep each night – girl, you need it.
- “Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.”
- (aka Eat Clean)
- No caffeine (i.e. No coffee) after noon.
No biggie. This is doable. Right?
*Bonus info: One of the stars from the original cast of Spring Awakening, John Gallagher, also stars in Newsroom – the Aaron Sorkin HBO series that I love, but most people hate. I love seeing him there because it means the universe really does care about me and my tastes and preferences. Right? Right.