I wrote the post below on February 18. FEBRUARY 18. And then, I didn’t post it. Until over a month later. But I think I was getting at something good, so I’m gonna go ahead and post it today (with a few additions) because I think the same question applies to my mental status today. The important thing to remember is this: I was not sick last week. I was sick the week of February 11. The end.
When one is literally falling apart at the seams – as in, you have a cold – it’s easy for one to fall into that trap of OMG-WHERE-IS-MY-LIFE-GOING-I-DON’T-DO-ANYTHING-PRODUCTIVE-AND-WHY-CAN’T-I-FIND-MY-FAVORITE-WATCH-OH-LOOK-MY-NOSE-IS-DRIPPING-AND-I-DIDN’T-EVEN-KNOW-IT-HOT-COLD-SWEATY-ACHY-MAD-SAD-SNEEZE. Ya with me?
I had that kind of day every day last week.
(BTW – The Following is awesome, and mad props for all the Edgar Allen Poe references, but holy hell is it scary.)
Today… today is finally a bit better. I don’t quite feel like my life is in a sudden free fall as I was wont to feel this whole past week. My weekend was a train-wreck of over-scheduling, but at least I could alternate breathing out of each nostril. PROGRESS!
So where are we? A lot of things and a lot of nothing has happened since the last time I updated you:
- I turned 33,
- The Ravens won the Superbowl!,
- I went to New York for a quick weekend to visit my favorites,
- President Barack Obama was inaugurated for his second term,
- I ate one half of a watermelon for dinner,
- It pretended to snow,
stalkedgawked at Justin Tucker and Morgan Cox,
- I STRAIGHT-UP stalked Terrell Suggs,
- … and then pretended T-Sizzle was my boyfriend (and smiled so hard for the picture my cheeks hurt for days),
- Ran a bunch,
- Verbally assaulted a rat the size of a small child (to which I received no response),
- Began my love affair with the Under Armour Brand Store,
- Ate lots and lots of Pitango gelato (spicy chocolate and pistachio IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT),
- Devoured House of Cards and oranges in my bed (you’re not the boss of me),
- Dog-sat Daisy Mae Pellington,
- Got into a “who makes a better will and/or grace fight” with another best (click the link to determine who won),
- Watched Seany and his fellow Irishmen play a little Irish ditty or ten, (Liam Flynn’s, Wednesday evenings, do it)
- … and finally got some “real” snow. On March 25. You know. Spring.
What else is there? Life is pretty good.
We’re here, after all.
What is that part of us that always feels like more is coming? Is that just my body, wishing for spring? Is it my age: 33 going on 13 but, really not at all? Is it the lonely Sunday vibe? You know – the one where you went for a run, went grocery shopping, cleaned up a little, watched CBS Sunday Morning News, read the NY Times (only the good bits), went to yoga… only to crumble into a pit of despair?? You don’t do that? Me neither. Stop staring at me.
What is it?
I hate being so cliche, but I feel like it’s just around the river bend… so close I can taste it. But WHAT THE HECK IS IT?
First one to tell me gets a Ray Lewis cupcake, on the house!
P.S. Only nine more days until Opening Day for Orioles baseball. Let’s get after it, Orioles!