This is the fourth of five posts that will honor one of my dearest friends, Lucy. She’s an über-running badass and is running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday!
So here we are, the Friday before the big marathon. You’re probably experiencing a range of emotions:
- Excited – OMG the marathon is almost here!
- Anxious – Will I be able to finish?
- Prepared – I trained hard. I ran 20 miles. What’s six more?
- Unprepared – OMG I only ran 20 miles. How will I ever do six more?
- Proud – I went from not running to running a marathon in less than a year. I am amazing.
- Emotional – How many miles will it take until I cry? Will I bawl, or just tear up?
- Terrified – WHY AM I DOING THIS? I AM CRAZY! IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO BACK OUT NOW.
- Ready to Run – Let’s do this thing.