About elevendy-million years ago (actual time: one year), the Baltimore Sun provided the following Second Opinion on why Northrop Grumman should not move to Northern Virginia (NOVA). I won’t reblog all of the reasons they named, but here are a few favorites:
- Express mail them a copy of Gov.-elect Robert F. McDonnell’s college thesis and highlight his views on “cohabitators, homosexuals or fornicators.” And you thought Virginia was for lovers.
- Offer to settle the matter on the gridiron with Maryland’s NFL team pitted against Virginia’s NFL team. What? You don’t have one? Why, we’ve got two. How about Major League Baseball? You don’t say?
- Force Northrop executives to experience commuter rush hour in Virginia – say, 6 a.m. on Telegraph Road in Alexandria. I-95/Capital Beltway interchange in Springfield should also do nicely.
NOVA really fires me up, in case you couldn’t tell. For more of my documentation of NOVA-hate, please read the following posts:
- Omaha… the NoVa of the midwest?
- Chica tip #10
- Barack and Joe: two wild and crazy guys
- The Arlington Rap
- Tricycles in Arlington?! WTF
I rest my case.
BTW – I have no idea if Northrop Grumman ever did move to NOVA, but that’s kind of beside the point, yes?