Today calls for my first-ever batch of Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies… don’t you think?
Adapted from Group Recipes
1 pound of thick-cute bacon (not smoked) Light brown sugar Coat the bacon with the brown sugar. Get dirty! Rub it all over the bacon! Place the sugar-coated bacon on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Line it! Just line it already! It’s a hard clean-up! Put the pan in a pre-heated oven set to 350 degrees. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until they pieces are crispy. Let cool, chop into small pieces – about one cup of bacon for the cookies…
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and bacon. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes (if you like ‘em chewy!) or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Hey Casey – how do you think Li’l Lemon/CoCo/Fernando would like bacon and chocolate chips? Chew on that, and get back to me.
PS – I’m still wondering if anyone who’s ever had a chocolate chip cookie in Baltimore has a favorite place to go buy them… If you have thoughts, please share them.