I feel like this Saturday Night Live character, “blogger” for bitchplease.com, at the moment:
… and for the record, I’m not proud of it. Here’s how we’re similar:
- There’s a constant stream of coffee drinks on my desk. I can’t work without them.
- I find myself muttering “Bitch, please” after practically every press call I get. (To myself, not out loud. That would be rude.)
- Sometimes I look a bit of a mess when I come to work… on the days when I know I won’t have to “see” any “people” outside of work people. It’s 99.9% women where I work so it “doesn’t matter.” Just don’t tell my mom.
- I’m a cardigan lover… I’ll admit it.
- Sometimes, when I’m writing material for other audiences, I feel as corny as the bitch, please blogger. It’s a necessary part of my real job.
- And yet still… my nails are always painted.
Oh well. ‘Tis the life of a blogger, eh?
BTW, I wish they didn’t get rid of Michaela Watkins, the actress that plays this character and others that I loved… including Hoda Kotb from the Today Show, from Saturday Night Live. I really liked her. Ahh well.