From today’s Wake-Up Call:
- Meghan McCain‘s personal life appears to be “on life support,” and she thinks the election has “destroyed” her “ability and desire to date” (“The Daily Beast“).
- After “someone invented it years ago,” the NY House delegation now uses a “slang” term “to describe being upstaged by” Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) — “getting Schumed” (The Hill).
- “I hum music to myself while I run, usually old disco tunes, or inspirational songs like ‘I Will Survive’ and the ‘Rocky’ themes, or some old TV themes like ‘Hawaii Five-O’ and ‘Secret Agent Man'” – NY Gov. David Paterson (D), in shorts (New York Post).
- The OK Senate yesterday “passed Senate Joint Resolution 24, which declared the Flaming Lips song ‘Do You Realize??‘” to be the Official OK Rock Song (Oklahoma City Daily Oklahoman).
- Jay Leno, on the Obamas awaiting the arrival of their new dog: “Actually, it’s Obama’s second choice of a dog. The first dog, he had some tax problems” (“Tonight Show”).