This is long overdue, but tough cookies.
Wanna know how to have the best President’s Day weekend ever? Have your best, and his best, come visit you! I know, I’m a genius.
We hit all the usual suspects and a few newbies:
- Logan Tavern – I finally met a person I’d heard so much about, and she didn’t dissapoint. Excellent.
- Saint Ex – Aside from the frat boys sitting next to us, this was fun.
- Marvin– I love their outside, rooftop bar, but DF and HG3 weren’t fans so we drank a beer and headed off to…
- Bar Pilar– where we met up with JT and essentially closed the bar. Well done, us.
- Eastern Market – Spotted: HG3 finding the best parking spot ever. We scooted in, did a walk-thru, and were off to DF’s favorite…
- Clyde’s! – I know, I know. Tired, been-there-done-that, but DF loves it. Not anymore though, because they don’t make turkey burgers anymore.
- National Portrait Gallery (why hello there, Shephard Fairey poster) – We sauntered across the street after our turkey-burger free lunch and took in the hall of presidents and various other art stuffs. Then I went home to sleep off my hangoverheadache so that we could get to DW’s house for some pre-dining drinks.
- DW’s crib – Wino over here couldn’t drink very well (that’s a lie, I had two glasses) because of my headache, but it was still nice to gather in an apartment that could comfortably fit four. Plus – I got to take the D6 for the first time ever, so I had that going for me.
- Asia9 – We had dinner reservations here, and while it wouldn’t have been my first choice, our waiter Jesse was THE BOMB and he made the whole night a special treat. I had some yummy valentines-day-themed sushi and then we went to meet friends at
- RFD– Ok, so this place is not that great. But it wasn’t crowded, we got a table, and caught up with friends (old and new).
- Commisary– Sunday morning, the ol’ GW gang brunched at Commisary. It was quite good, and super affordable.
- Dupont farmer’s market It’s a quazi-lie to suggest we actually went here because it was totes over by the time we finished brunch and headed over.
- Tangysweet– DC and HG3 totally enjoyed the DC version of pinkberry, but I know their collective hearts were still with the granddaddy of all faux yogurts back in NY.
- hello cupcake – Onward and upward to hello cupcake, but those a*s-hats were closed, too. EPIC FAIL.
- Baked & Wired – Not to be deterred, we forged on to Baked & Wired to buy cupcakes and cookies. That was a smashing success… thank goodness!
Gifts of chocolate were received (AC/KC, you are the best):
But honestly, the best part was just rollin’ with the boys. So President’s Weekend, 2009? SUCCESS!
I’m going to take the cozy memories of last weekend with me as I dive head-first into this coming weekend… have a good one, all!