Today’s Wake-Up Call:
- VA GOV candidate Terry McAuliffe was spotted last week sitting courtside at the Washington Wizards/Oklahoma City Thunder game, clapping and bopping his head to the Sugarhill Gang’s “Rapper’s Delight” (Wake-Up Call! reporting).
- VP Cheney “is not a big fan of rap. In fact, he said he can’t even understand it” (“POTUS Notes“).
- NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg (I) added two sentences of “heavily accented and somewhat mispronounced” Spanish to his almost-daily public events about two weeks ago (New York Daily News).
- “They haven’t seen a kid’s eyes light up when he catches his first fish” — GA Gov. Sonny Perdue (R), alleging that critics of his “Go Fish” program must not be fishermen (Wall Street Journal).
- “I’d like to see him be president some day. … Or maybe senator. Whatever” — George H.W. Bush, endorsing ex-FL Gov. Jeb Bush (R) for something (“Fox News Sunday”).