- BREAKING: A source said today that IL Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) “was taken into federal custody at his North Side home” this a.m. (ChicagoTribune.com).
- When Pres.-elect Obama and VP-elect Biden meet with Al Gore today, “they’ll be talking issues — not making the pitch” for him to return to gov’t service, officials said (Politico).
- “I don’t believe there’s any cloud that hangs over me. I think there’s nothing but sunshine hanging over me” — Blagojevich, walking on sunshine. Earlier, that is (Chicago Tribune).
- Biden — who “isn’t much of a partier” — “sipped water and stayed off the dance floor” at Saturday’s surprise 40th birthday party for his daughter-in-law in NYC (New York Post).
- “Cheers greeted” Portland Mayor-elect Sam Adams yesterday as he exited the new “Portland Loo” after giving the public toilet an official “first flush” (Portland Oregonian).
- Famous DC has adapted a mock-up of incoming WH CoS Rahm Emanuel‘s Gmail inbox, complete with a few expletive-laced emails from Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA) for dramatic effect.
- “Even in recession, Nativity camels get steady work” — AP.