- Barack Obama‘s transition team advisers told NBC, ABC and CNN last night that Hillary Clinton is under consideration for Sec/State (New York Daily News). Meanwhile, HRC “was seen taking a flight to Chicago” yesterday, for what her aide called “personal business” (“First Read“).
- Meanwhile, Obama’s transition team announced this morning that Obama and John McCain will meet in Chicago on 11/17 to “discuss ways to work together” (release).
- During her 21-minute speech at the RGA yesterday, Sarah Palin “thanked the people who voted McCain-Palin, paid tribute to Obama and later took a shot” at him for sometimes voting “present” as an IL state senator (Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel).
- Many GOP governors weren’t happy with how Palin’s press conference unfolded, with one GOP governor calling it awkward, adding: “I’m sure you could see it on some of our faces” (“Political Ticker“).
- VP Cheney and wife Lynne hosted VP-elect Biden and wife Jill for about 50 minutes yesterday at the Naval Observatory in DC. Both parties “then issued the usual brief messages of hospitality and appreciation” (“Top of the Ticket“).