Sorry, I got busy today… so you’re getting your wake-up call during dinner. Oops.
- The Obama transition team has launched a new website, www.change.gov, which includes information on “the inauguration, Obama’s message and even how to apply for jobs” (“The Trail“).
- Responding to a string of embarrassing stories about her, Sarah Palin said yesterday that the ex-John McCain advisers spreading the rumors were “small, evidently bitter” people (“Political Ticker“).
- Meanwhile, Palin’s staff has begun fielding requests for post-election interviews, “including from Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey,” and Larry King (AP).
- The Urban Dictionary is now offering a definition for an “Obama Baby” — “a child conceived after Obama was proclaimed President by way of celebratory sex” (Chicago Tribune).
- The IL Bureau of Tourism “is planning to offer three-day ‘getaways’ to notable Obama sites,” while the Chicago tourism office “is already operating walking tours near his home” (New York Post).
- Antigua PM Baldwin Spencer wrote a 11/5 letter to Obama, informing him that he wants to change the name of Boggy Peak — the island’s highest mountain — to “Mt. Obama” (AP).
- By the time she was eight years old, Rep. Rahm Emanuel’s daughter had perfected an imitation of “her father’s phone conversations with” Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) (“Spin Cycle“).