- Barack Obama will leave the campaign trail on 10/23 and 10/24 and “return home to Honolulu” to visit his grandmother, “whose health has suddenly deteriorated” (Honolulu Advertiser).
- John McCain‘s camp “is looking at” a strategy “that has virtually no room for error and depends heavily on a dramatic comeback” in PA (“Political Ticker“). Meanwhile, remaining “optimistic” about his chances, McCain will make three appearances in the state today (Philadelphia Inquirer).
- McCain ended yesterday in MO “with a sparsely attended” rally “outside Kansas City” — one of the GOP-held suburbs where he “needs a huge turnout” (Los Angeles Times).
- Meanwhile, Obama and Hillary Clinton rallied an estimated 40K in Orlando yesterday, where she gave “a 15-minute stump speech more typical of a vice-presidential candidate than a surrogate” (Orlando Sentinel).
- According to a friend, Palin once “pulled the fire alarm” in college, but “confessed” after being told that there was “an invisible dye that squirts onto your hand when you pull the alarm and you’re not going to be able to hide” (Los Angeles Times).
- During her stay at NYC’s Omni Berkshire this weekend, Palin requested “skinny white chocolate mochas” — but “made it VERY clear, she’s not into whip” (TMZ).