- During a stop in CA yesterday, Sarah Palin “defended her claim that Barack Obama ‘pals around with terrorists,'” saying his association with ex-’60s radical William Ayers is an issue that is “fair to talk about” (AP). [Palin’s one to talk about what’s “fair to talk about.” – Ed.]
- McCain’s brother, Joe, apologized for saying this weekend that Alexandria and Arlington, VA, are “Communist country” (“Virginia Politics“).
- With voter registration ending today “in nearly half the nation’s states,” Dems have added more than 800K voters and GOPers have lost 300K in FL, PA, NC, CO, IA, NV, and NH (USA Today).
- Martha Stewart apparently thinks Palin’s “home-spun homilies have to go. And, oh my god, words do have ending consonants” (“Yeas & Nays“).
- Actor Michael Cera “had a feeling” when he took the part in “Juno” that Palin “would run and her teen would be pregnant,” so he’s “glad that it finally was fulfilled” (Harvard Crimson). [There’s a joke in here, but I just don’t get it. – Ed.]
- “Undeniably, undeniably, we saw a vice presidential candidate who had nice legs. I won’t dispute that” — Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY), on what he learned from the VP debate (“The Politicker“).
- Conan O’Brien, on the VP debate: “Biden attracted viewers who enjoyed his previous debate appearances, and Palin attracted viewers who enjoyed the movie ‘Fargo'” (“Late Night”).