- Asked what newspapers and magazines she regularly reads to get news, Sarah Palin said: “Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me” (“CBS Evening News”). Meanwhile, in an interview with radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt, Palin repeatedly portrayed herself as “Joe Six-pack” (AP).
- Starting tonight, Palin supporters will gather at the VP “debate site in St. Louis and hold prayer rallies for her” (“Brody File“). Meanwhile, Joe Biden has spoken to Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) “for advice on how best to debate a woman” (AP).
- On the Senate floor yesterday, Senate Maj. Leader Harry Reid revealed that he’s “envious” of Sen. John Warner‘s (R-VA) hair (Roll Call).
- Apparently, “Star Trek” actor Leonard Nimoy was at a recent Obama event “when the candidate spotted him in the crowd and acknowledged Mr. Spock with the Vulcan hand signal” (New York Post).
- Palin’s AK GOV campaign “staffers were rarely able to get her to sit for more than half an hour of background work at a time before her concentration waned” (Los Angeles Times).
- MI state Rep. Rick Jones (R) “wants so badly to legalize Tasers for ordinary citizens,” he’s “willing to be shot by one in front of fellow House members” (Detroit Free Press).
- Even though CNN’s Jack Cafferty is “feeling a little bit under the weather,” he said he “would crawl through a barb wire fence nude” before missing tomorrow’s VP debate (“Situation Room”).