- Obama “rejected” McCain’s call to delay the debate, saying that “this is exactly the time when the American people need to hear from” the next POTUS (New York Times). But Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) said McCain “wouldn’t participate” unless “a deal had been sealed in Congress by then, which seems unlikely” (USA Today).
- Asked if she could provide specific examples of McCain pushing for more Wall Street regulation, Sarah Palin told CBS’ Couric: “I’ll try to find you some and I’ll bring them to you” (“Evening News“).
- Michelle Obama thinks Jill Biden is one “hot nana” (“Access Hollywood”).
- At DC’s Asia Nine, the Biden Roll is made up of “crab meat and wasabi,” while the Palin roll contains “Alaskan salmon with spicy mayo” (“Yeas & Nays“).
- David Letterman wasn’t happy that McCain cancelled on him last night, suggesting that “somebody must have put something in his Metamucil” (“The Caucus“).
- Jimmy Kimmel, on McCain’s campaign suspension: “When you have eleven houses, you take a housing crisis very, very seriously” (“Jimmy Kimmel Live”).