- Karl Rove said yesterday that some of McCain’s ads have “gone one step too far” and were “beyond the 100-percent-truth test” (“Fox News Sunday”).
- Making her “first solo campaign stop in the lower 48,” Palin took “a veiled swipe at Michelle Obama” in NV, saying that McCain “is always proud to be an American” (Los Angeles Times).
- Actor Dennis Haskins — a.k.a. Mr. Belding from “Saved by the Bell” — was “strolling through” the Capitol last week, causing some “excitement” for Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC) (Roll Call).
- The other night at Nobu, Bill Clinton “loved” Tony-nominated actress Laura Bell Bundy‘s shirt, which said: “Every Time Obama Speaks, an Angel Has an Orgasm” (New York Post).
- Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson think Palin is a “narrow minded, media obsessed homophobe” (OK!). Even worse, Pam Anderson says “she can suck it!” (New York Daily News).
- Palin special assis. Ivy Frye “is an effusive cheerleader for her boss,” and even wrote her an email that said: “YOU ARE SO AWESOME!” (New York Times).
- “The purpose of marriage is not for you to be happy” — Mike Huckabee, being confusing (Ventura County Star).
- “You know damn well it’s a purple tie” — Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS), getting pissy during a KS State Fair debate, when the moderator accused him of wearing a blue tie (Hutchinson News).