Sorry it was late, kids. I’m up to my ears with work!
- SC Dem chair Carol Fowler “drew strong rebukes” yesterday when she said that Palin’s “primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion” (Greenville News). Fowler later apologized, saying she was “clumsily” making a point about single-issue voters (release).
- CBS has forced YouTube to yank McCain’s new web ad criticizing Obama’s “lipstick on a pig” comment, because it “used unauthorized footage” of Katie Couric (Los Angeles Times).
- According to One80 Salon stylist Fred Hawck, “the Palin hairdo is easy to recreate” and a “basic one” could be “put up in 10 minutes or less” (The Hill).
- “He’s so dashing, and I love that he lays it all on the table” — actress Kirsten Dunst, looking to follow in Scarlett Johansson‘s Obama-loving footsteps (MTV News).
- Palin’s new Secret Service codename is “Denali,” while her husband, Todd, is “Driller” (“The Trail“). [Are codenames actual codes if the whole world knows who they are? – Ed.]
- WI optician Jennifer Heiden deals with “a stack of inquiries” about Palin’s glasses “every day,” with most people “asking for the particular model — the Kawasaki 704” (Milwaukee Journal Sentinel).