- “After resisting invitations for months,” Obama now plans to appear on “The O’Reilly Factor” tomorrow night — the same night McCain delivers his acceptance speech (Washington Post).
- At Monday’s “Huffington Post” new media forum in Minneapolis, Rep. John Shadegg (R-AZ) “pulled out four PDAs, two BlackBerrys, and two cell phones,” which “set the panel aghast” and caused moderator Joe Scarborough to ask him: “What’s wrong with you?” (“Daily Intel“).
- On her MySpace blog yesterday, Lindsay Lohan suggested that Palin should “focus on delivering some words and policy with stronger impact like Joe Biden” (AP).
- “He’s done a hell of a job” — ex-Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) — who has apparently taken up swearing — on McCain’s WH bid (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review).
- Conan O’Brien, on the daily themes of the convo: “The theme for tonight’s Republican convention is ‘Who is John McCain.’ … Tomorrow night’s theme is ‘Who forgot to check if the vice president’s daughter is pregnant?'” (“Late Night”).