Aww man, today’s Wake-Up Call was pretty funny. Here are some highlights:
- The New York Times endorsed HRC and McCain, but said of Rudy Giuliani: “The real Mr. Giuliani, whom many New Yorkers came to know and mistrust, is a narrow, obsessively secretive, vindictive man.”
- “For me personally it’s hard because Tom Brady is a friend of mine. I play golf with him every chance I can. He is a remarkable man” — B. Clinton, on his internal dilemma about supporting the New York Giants in the Superbowl (NBC/National Journal).
- Reading last night’s “Top Ten” list, Obama promised that as POTUS, he would “appoint Mitt Romney Secretary of Lookin’ Good,” and “pronounce the word nuclear, nuclear” (“Late Show”).
- “I don’t know what I’m wearing. I guess I need to get going on that. I’ll have to see what I’ve left at the cleaners” — Speaker Nancy Pelosi, worrying about the important things when it comes to Pres. Bush’s SOTU address (“Yeas & Nays“).
- Huckabee is hosting a fundraiser at the CA home of Steve McEveety, who produced — wait for it — “The Passion of the Christ” (New York Daily News).
- Stephen Colbert, on Kucinich dropping out: “I know what must have happened. someone finally said his name three times and he disappeared” (“Colbert Report”).