Odd-numbered years tend to not be my best years**. All of the peskier parts of my life have occurred in ’89, ’01, ’03, etc. So, while it’s mostly in my head, I just love even numbered years… they give me hope. And hope, if you haven’t heard, is a big theme this year. Just ask Obama.
- MAKE IT HAPPEN.
- Emulate Anthony Bourdain whenever possible.
- Don’t emulate the smoking habit of Anthony Bourdain.
- Read more books. Lots more.
- Become a real Chilean (aka speak fluent Spanish)
- Answer my phone when it rings.
- Return calls when I legit miss them.
- Learn to cook.
- Learn to love.
- Play scrabble like the bad-ass I know I am.
- Eat more fruit.
- Drink less Diet Coke.
- Try, try hard, to enjoy Pittsburgh.
With a lot of these… I got a head start in 2007, which makes me v. happy. The rest of them… we’ll have to see how it goes.
** That’s putting it mildly.